A man has been taken to hospital and a home has been destroyed, following an early morning fire at Yatala.
A single-storey house on Pearson Rd went up in flames around 3:45am on Friday, with emergency crews racing to the scene.
A Queensland Fire and Rescue spokesperson said the structure was well involved by the time they arrived.
The whole family made it out of the house, but one man was taken to hospital with burns to his feet and smoke inhalation.
It was believed a dog may have died in the fire.
The flames were under control within half an hour of fire crews arriving, but the house was a fair distance from the road, causing some difficulties for fire fighters.
They had to use other vehicles to bring water in, to keep the main appliance topped up so they could battle the flames.
Fire investigators were called in to work out what sparked the blaze.